Scarth Hall in Staindrop is an ideal venue for a village hall wedding reception with style. Our main hall accommodates up to 80 seated guests and for a more informal event (eg in the evening) up to 100 people. Behind the Victorian facade is a fully modernised hall which has retained its period features.
Scarth Hall has a modern kitchen, a cosy Bistro area, and two pleasant rooms upstairs which are ideal for getting changed, storing outfits, or just having a quiet moment! We have audio visual facilities in the main hall and Bistro, and there’s wifi throughout the building.
A wedding reception in a village hall allows you to create a memorable, personalised event with an intimate atmosphere and an opportunity for your friends and family to be involved.
Wedding reception hire
The base price is £750 which includes:
- On the day of the reception event(s), access to the entire Hall and facilities from 9.00 am – 12.00 midnight
- afternoon and evening events may be accommodated
- Access the following morning 9.00 am – 11.00 am to clear away (decorations, presents etc)
- Setting up tables and chairs as needed
- A staffed bar
- Use of the sound system and projection system
If you require access on the previous day, this would be an additional cost at our standard hourly rates.
If you have a band at your event you will need to refer to the Booking Conditions relating to electrical equipment and insurances.
Tablecloths are available to hire from Scarth Hall or you can make arrangements via your caterers or elsewhere.
There will be a member of the Scarth Hall team available on the day to help with any queries and for the bulleted items listed above. However, it’s a good idea to appoint one or more people to co-ordinate the day so that you can relax and enjoy the event to the full.
Payment and terms
- Full payment is required four weeks in advance of the event, plus an additional £150 as a refundable deposit. The amount will be refunded in full if there are no breakages and no damage.
- All bookings are subject to the hirer agreeing to the Scarth Hall cancellation terms and booking conditions.