Your hire period must include time for you to set up, clear away and tidy up all the areas you’ve used. The volunteers who help to run Scarth Hall, and the many people that use it, are extremely grateful for your co-operation in leaving all rooms and facilities as you find them, and for vacating the area(s) you have booked by the end of your hire period.
|HIRE RATES||Rate 1||Rate 2|
|Main hall (includes shared use of kitchen)||£12||£15|
|Bistro (includes shared use of kitchen)||£8||£10|
|Joe Hodgson Room or Training Room (includes shared use of kitchen but tea & coffee supplies can be provided upstairs)||£8||£10|
|Main hall, kitchen & bistro for exclusive use *||£15||£19|
|Kitchen and bistro for exclusive use *||£12||£15|
|Whole hall for exclusive use (including upstairs meeting rooms)||£25||£35|
|Bar hire: fully-licensed and staffed bar available|
* these new rates apply to function & event hire. At present they are not applicable to established groups using these areas on a regular (weekly/monthly) basis.
Rate 1: charities, non-profit organisations, volunteers and self-employed tutors
Rate 2: business and commercial; government and public sector.
- The minimum chargeable hire period is 1 hour.
- Your booking is not confirmed until the hire fee is paid in full. Payment is due two weeks before your event.
- When an invoice is issued it must be paid in full within 28 days.
- For certain functions we ask for a deposit and this must be paid at least 14 days before the event.
- At least 48 hours’ notice is required for a cancellation. If you fail to give 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, you will be invoiced for the full hire charge.
Cleaning arrangements for most bookings
All hirers are expected to leave Scarth Hall clean and tidy at the end of your hire period, ready for the next group to use. If this does not happen you’ll be asked to pay cleaning charges and you are asked to agree to this at the time of booking. If the areas you’ve hired are not clean and tidy when you arrive for your booking, please contact us immediately.
Cleaning arrangements for formal functions, business events
If you are hiring the Hall for a function (eg a wedding reception or a business event) you may prefer to pay for cleaning services to be provided by Scarth Hall, by advance arrangement. We will be pleased to include this in your quotation.
A fully-licensed and staffed bar is available, with alcoholic and soft drinks at reasonable prices.